blog banner900

blog banner900

Saturday, January 2, 2010

I don't know why I decided to do a blog. Maybe just to write down my thoughts and feelings as I prepare for Ironman St. George. I wonder if anyone even cares and mostly I wonder what everyone else is doing to prepare.

I didn't think I'd ever do an Ironman, let alone an extremely challenging one. After years of people saying I should, it finally got to me, but reality is setting in.

Hey, anyone out there.... Are you training for something big? Some lofty goal you want to cross off your "bucket list" (before you kick the bucket!), or do for the New Year?

Well, today I ran another 7 miles, being careful not to slip and fall. I'm getting better at running in the snow and ice and even though it is cold and dangerous, I'd rather do that than be on the tredmill any day.

It was beautiful, peaceful, quiet, and cold, just the way I like it.

I logged my Ironman hours when I got home. The great thing about a journal like that is to validate that you do train. If you don't write it down, you forget what you've done and never have the confidence that you're ready.

26 miles of running. Not too bad for the Holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic job! Glad I found your blog. I'm rootin' for you!

    ReplyDelete