blog banner900

blog banner900

Monday, May 30, 2011

Homestead 15K Race Report

Another weekend, another race!

Local races are the best because there are always a lot of friends there. People you know and run with during the week. It is more like a group run and that nervous feeling I get in the pit of my stomach is gone.

This weekend I ran the 15k in Midway. I was a little surprised that someone put hills in the course at the end. Where did they come from? I really enjoyed the course, though. I loved running up memorial hill. It was not too steep and it felt good to put some effort into the run at that point. However, I was wasted by mile 7. I had no fuel on the entire course, and I just got back to running this week after the Ironman.

As I came to mile 7 I realized it was at the end of a 30 mile week and I had ran a 5k on Friday with my kids. My time dropped drastically and I began to struggle.

Overall, I was happy with the run. I did it for "tempo training" and enjoyed the day.

For someone looking for a good race, and reasonably priced, this one comes at a perfect time in the early-season. And they give awesome prizes, too!

My husband took hundreds of pictures of everyone at different parts of the course. If you would like a high-res. copy, send me an email at goinmom@yahoo.com!

Here is the link for the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25530859@N02/sets/72157626713519991/

No comments:

Post a Comment